Want to run away and join the Circus?
We are looking for a fellow Carney to support the people and work that underpins Two Bit Circus’ mission and culture.
Who are you? You’re a fun, energetic and self-motivated person who has a can-do attitude and likes to get things done. You love to express your personality, but love most of all that you’re part of an entire cast of unique performers who make up our Circus… something M.B.A.’s might call “company culture.” Yes, culture! You are super important to creating an environment that is friendly, warm, and exciting. You watch out for the team, care for everyone, and go above and beyond in making our workplace as awesome as possible.
You’re the type of individual who hits the ground sprinting, is forward thinking and is hungry for knowledge and amazing experiences. You thrive in a “start-up” environment where priorities often change and independent judgement is required. You are a quick learner with proven ability to come up with creative solutions in an unfamiliar environment. In this position, you will exercise your superior communication skills and show off your ability to multitask in a fast-paced and collaborative environment -- all with a positive, winning attitude.
You will report to the CFO & Head of Corporate Development and work super closely with him and the Controller. You will also have access to the CEO, CTO and the heads of our three business lines.
Local candidates only.
- Manage outside vendors and services to provide a comprehensive HR service to our employees
- On-board and provide orientation of new employees
- Manage “first-tier support” for all aspects of employee relations, including managing absence, sickness, disciplinary conflicts and grievances
- Assist with recruiting and employee selection
- Measure employee satisfaction and identifying areas that require improvement
- Measure organizational skills and needs, recommending opportunities for improvement
- Measure performance management, including individual and organizational metrics
- Maintain employee handbook
- Constant design, refinement and implementation of new HR policies, procedures and processes to ensure exceptional service, efficiency and organization
- Understand and communicate Two Bit Circus’ vision and unique culture
- Actively drive the global process of developing of our common company
- values, vision and mission
- Facilitate the process to grow internal cohesion and shared corporate culture
- Support teams with focus on creating common tools, methods, techniques and systems that have significant impact on our company culture
- Support managers to free the full human potential of their employees
- Ensure HR processes and procedures align with company culture
- Author and maintain culture handbook
- Monitor the corporate culture, evolution on a regular basis
- 3+ years of working experience, in HR or operations
- Compelling interpersonal, networking, communication and presentation skills
- Experience working with creative people in a support or planning capacity
- Be self-directed toward excellent work outcomes, comfort level in ambiguous, non-rules based environments
- Great flexibility, and an openness to new ideas
- Well versed in Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Familiarity with ADP TotalSource a plus
- Familiarity with compensation, health and other fringe benefits management
- Familiarity with employment practices compliance
- An eye for design is a plus. A bad eye is a definite minus
- Very comfortable using the Internet as a research tool, but able to spot fake news.
- Be extremely detail-oriented, and have excellent follow through, devoted to seeing tasks complete
- Be capable of working with a variety of personalities and work styles
- Excellent discretion, demonstrating sound judgment in dealing with confidential dialogues and information
- Stock option package commensurate with experience
- Flexible PTO
- Health benefits
- Dog friendly workshop
- Super creative work space
- Monthly happy hours where we test out all our new games and inventions
- You get to work for a Circus