Want to run away and join the circus?
We are looking for a fellow Carney to support the Two Bit Circus by helping to count the circus bits. The Accountant is responsible for ensuring all activity is captured in the general ledger in an accurate and timely manner working with the Controller, supports the Finance and Accounting activities of the company.
Who are you? You’re a fun, energetic and self-motivated person who has a can-do attitude and likes to get things done. You love to express your personality, but love most of all that you’re part of an entire cast of unique performers who make up our Circus… something M.B.A.’s might call “company culture.” Yes, culture!
You’re the type of individual who hits the ground sprinting, is forward thinking and is hungry for knowledge and amazing experiences. You thrive in a “start-up” environment where priorities often change and independent judgement is required. You are a quick learner with proven ability to come up with creative solutions in an unfamiliar environment. In this position, you will exercise your superior communication skills and show off your ability to multitask in a fast-paced and collaborative environment -- all with a positive, winning attitude.
You will initially report to the Controller and will have access to the CEO, CTO, CFO/Head of Corporate Development and the heads of our business lines.
- Daily cash reconciliations
- Prepares weekly cash flow forecast and presents to Controller
- Handle accounts payable to ensure timely and accurate recording of invoices and timely payments to vendors
- Preparation of weekly project specific reports to project management
- Work with project management to provide accurate accounting of expenses
- Review general ledger activity to ensure correct coding of expenses
- Actively participate in month end close process
- Prepare Balance Sheet account analysis and reconciliations
- Prepare monthly accruals for revenue and expenses
- Perform activities in accordance with appropriate business controls and records in accounting, project budgets and tax matters
- Special Projects as needed
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting or equivalent
- One to threes years prior experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area.
- Prior Startup experience with a twist of public accounting
- PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting. Experience with cloud based accounting systems (QBO/NetSuite) is a plus. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Office Products.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- Stock option package commensurate with experience
- Flexible PTO
- Health benefits
- Dog friendly workshop
- Super creative work space
- Monthly happy hours where we test out all our new games and inventions
- You get to work for a Circus