Want to run away and join the Circus?
We are looking for a fellow Carney to support the Two Bit Circus by helping to count the circus bits. The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting and budgeting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash management, general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
Who are you? You’re a fun, energetic and self-motivated person who has a can-do attitude and likes to get things done. You love to express your personality, but love most of all that you’re part of an entire cast of unique performers who make up our Circus… something M.B.A.’s might call “company culture.” Yes, culture!
You’re the type of individual who hits the ground sprinting, is forward thinking and is hungry for knowledge and amazing experiences. You thrive in a “start-up” environment where priorities often change and independent judgement is required. You are a quick learner with proven ability to come up with creative solutions in an unfamiliar environment. In this position, you will exercise your superior communication skills and show off your ability to multitask in a fast-paced and collaborative environment -- all with a positive, winning attitude.
You will report to the Controller and will have access to the CEO, CTO, CFO/Head of Corporate Development and the heads of our business lines.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Review and confirm balance sheet monthly reconciliations
- Prepare monthly reporting package with appropriate supporting documentation on a consolidated and divisional basis
- Handle Accounts Receivable to ensure timely billing and collections from customers
- Oversee Accounts Payable
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Responds to inquiries from the Controller and others circus wide regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting or equivalent
- Five to seven years prior experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area.
- One to two years prior supervisory experience
- Prior Startup experience with a twist of public accounting
- PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting. Experience with cloud based accounting systems (QBO/NetSuite) is a plus. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Office Products.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- Stock option package commensurate with experience
- Flexible PTO
- Health benefits
- Dog friendly workshop
- Super creative work space
- Monthly happy hours where we test out all our new games and inventions
- You get to work for a Circus