Two Bit Circus is looking for a hands-on, passionate people-person Food & Beverage Manager who loves (or at least is not afraid of) lasers, fire and robots! In this position, you will help bring our brand to life by leading and managing the day to day food & beverage operations of our very first micro-amusement park in DTLA.
Who are you? You are creative and innovative and believe in staying on the cutting edge of food & cocktail trends, ideally forging trends of our own! The term “lifestyle brand” ignites a spark within you inspiring all the opportunities for food & beverage to set the tone, smells, tastes, and feelings your guests will consume within the park. While this is not a formal dining restaurant, the menu will be small bites and shareables, you understand the impact needs to be strong!
You are constantly trying to figure out how to better a process and make things operate more smoothly, creating a new system appeals to your sense of innovation and you are not afraid to (literally and figuratively) write the book on food safety, sanitation, operational guidelines for F&B in our park. You jump into the fray and figure things out on the fly, because where we are going there is no map (there may also be dragons, but we love dragons!).
Pre-Park Opening Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Head Chef to create menu for food (small bites/shareables) and drinks based on Two Bit Circus’ Brand, help develop the overall look and taste of our Brand;
- Once Head Chef has written recipes, responsible to identify food & beverage costs, set pricing, and source ingredient items from local vendors to ensure quality and consistency;
- Interview, Select, Hire and Train initial staff prior to park opening;
- Create operations guidelines in conjunction with the Corporate team leads and the Park General Manager including:
- Review Park Opening plan, give input to organizational chart and line level staffing needs, determine local requirements for food safety & sanitation trainings, verify liquor & food licenses have been approved, provide relevant F&B input on policies & procedures, help build/create and execute inventory & POS training, review product specs and state code requirements with suppliers;
- Willingness to accept the most effective role.
- Oversees scheduling process for restaurant & bar. Ensure that weekly cover forecast is accurate and that staffing guidelines are in place that supports service requirements as well as budgetary guidelines.
- Supports the General Manager in developing operational guidelines. Communicate expectations, coordinate between departments, and enforce policies and procedures.
- Assists in controlling costs by observing food and beverage preparations and portion control; ensuring high quality presentations; assist in supervising effective control of food, beverage and labor costs among all sub departments.
- Assists in planning and establishes reservation system for special occasions and holidays by planning use of tables; allocating stations and determining staffing requirements.
- Works in cooperation with Human Resources to ensure timely and proper training of all F&B employees.
- Maintains proper staffing levels in the restaurant & bar by recruiting, interviewing, selecting, orienting and assisting in the training of new employees.
- Coaches and mentors F&B staff with personal involvement in day to day operation, monthly departmental meetings, teaching supervisory skills & techniques; assisting with employee reviews and coaching and counseling sessions. (Leads by example)
- Maintains dining area ambiance by inspecting and monitoring serving stations, table linens, floors, seating, lighting, and music. Ensures proper cleanliness and sanitation standards are being followed as well as proper maintenance of all equipment.
- Protects dining room assets by adhering to security policies and procedures.
- Maintains guest feedback programs ensure consistent feedback is being achieved. Communicate any deficiencies or guest comments to staff.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Successfully manages people to achieve performance goals. Excellent people management skills including resolving conflict, coaching and developing others, promoting teamwork, and performance management.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger. Collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Charismatic leader who adjusts leadership style to motivate diverse groups to achieve extraordinary goals and overcome challenges.
- Expects excellence from others and tolerates no less. Inspires people to accomplish the extraordinary.
- Track record of leading teams to achieve extraordinary goals. Inspires and motivates team members to work together and achieve beyond expectations.
- Takes an exhaustive approach to every task. Committed to comprehensive and in-depth analysis, planning, and implementation of every work effort.
- Development, implementation, and monitoring of programs that assures a safe facility and work environment that is in compliance with all appropriate regulations, Ergonomics, Emergency Response, Injury and Illness Prevention, and Hazard Communications Programs.
- Strong multi-tasking skills. Completes several concurrent tasks.
- Ability to develop rapport with client management and maintain strong working relationships.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience in restaurant, bar, banquet and kitchen management required.
The work environment can be loud and busy. There are many kitchen hazards such as hot surfaces and liquids, sharp knives, and slippery floors.
Lift up to 15 lbs., sit and/or stand for long periods
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work.