Join the Circus!
Two Bit Circus has opened a micro-amusement park in DTLA!
What is a micro-amusement park, you ask? A 50,000 ft² venue in the Arts District featuring re-imagined midway and arcade games, interactive story rooms, virtual reality, re-imagined carnival food, mastered mixology, and so much more!
Learn more and apply online: https://twobitcircus.com/jobs/
Reporting to the General Manager, you will create innovative and inspiring food for our circus guests, forging new gastronomic trends in the spirit of carnival tradition including small bites and shareable items; Lead and supervise the back of house culinary crew and demonstrate a servant-leadership style; Ensure consistency and accuracy in execution and train your staff to meet those expectations; protects patrons and employees.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Willingness to accept the most effective role;
- Manage all employees of the culinary department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department;
- Banquet responsibility - understand catering setup, portion control, ordering, and execution; Set schedules based on forecasted volumes and events scheduled
- Make periodic and regular inspections to observe the quality of food preparation and service; food appearance; and cleanliness and sanitation of production and service areas, equipment and employee appearance;
- Coordinate all training activities for kitchen, bakery, butchery, and other production and service employees, including the identification and analysis of training needs and the design and implementation of programs to address these deficiencies;
- Meet with General Manager on a weekly basis, as well as inform General Manager of anything out of the ordinary pertaining to the operation;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed;
- Facilitate Expo, verifying meals are correct when they leave the kitchen, ensuring food quality, and directly mainline cooks to make corrections where necessary;
- Work Cooks line when necessary, ensuring we maintain production;
- Ensure quality of all products through recipe adherence, quality control, and ticket times;
- Maintain a safe (physical plant and food hygiene) and secure environment for all teams
- Ensure the timely completion of all repairs to kitchen equipment and facility. Ensure routine maintenance is scheduled and follow up on the progress;
- Optimize financial results by controlling costs (i.e. food waste, food production)
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein;
- Additional duties as assigned.
- The position is based in Los Angeles;
- 3+ years of experience in the culinary industry with prior experience as a kitchen manager;
- Hands-on manager willing to step in wherever necessary
- Prior experience training, purchasing, and managing budgets;
- Successfully manages people to achieve performance goals. Excellent people management skills including conflict resolution, coaching and developing others, promoting teamwork, and performance management. Expects excellence from others and tolerates no less. Inspires people to accomplish the extraordinary;
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis;
- Must be flexible regarding schedule as it is based on business demands; This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work;
- Requires regular and predictable attendance;
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check prior to employment;
- The work environment can be loud and busy. There are many kitchen hazards such as hot surfaces and liquids, sharp knives, and slippery floors;
- Occasionally required to lift up to 50 lbs;
- Continually required to sit and/or stand for long periods as well as walk, bend and stoop;
- Continually requires working taste buds, ability to smell, feel with fingers and visually inspect, including close and distance vision;
- Continually requires the use of arms, hands, and ability to manipulate fingers to reach, stir, measure, pour, cut, chop, dice, decorate, etc.;
- Continual exposure to high heat and humid conditions.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.